Using a Du-Bro spinner is not hard but you want to make sure you are selecting the right size for your model and cut it right to fit your propeller. Here's our suggested method:
- Select the color of spinner needed for your model.
- You can paint Du-Bro spinners by scuffing the surface and using a primer to help promoting paint adhesion. Electric starters will rub this off over time.
- Select the size of your spinner roughly 1/5 the diameter of your propeller.
- Use a ruler or calipers to measure the depth of how much you should trim from the opening for the propeller blades.
- If needed, also measure how much you should widen the opening for the propeller blades.
- Use a marker along with your measuring tools to create a cut line on the spinner dome, focusing on removing the propeller leading-edge portion. Try to blend the cut line with the arch of the opening.
- Cut and dry fit the propeller until you are satisfied with the fit.
- Balance your spinner with the Du-Bro propeller and spinner balancer.
- Balance the spinner backplate first by itself and then with the dome.