This video shows the proper way to install DU-BRO nylon hinges and Electric Flyer Hinge Tape on the control surfaces of an RC airplane model. Some key information about the DU-BRO hinge slotter:
- There are two styles you can order: No handles = Cat. No. 216 and With handles: Cat. No. 660
- Small parts from the kit can be easily stored in an old servo box.
- The center piece of the parallelogram tool is interchangeable for different slot widths and the hole center tool
- The hole center tool can be used to make holes for aileron torque rods as well as holes for CA application
- Fork tools are inserted using a rocking motion until the slot is created.
- For harder woods, mark the edges of the slot to be made and drill holes. The hook tool is then used to make the slot.
- Be mindful of your fingers as injuries can happen with these fairly sharp instruments.
- Store everything clean so they are ready to use again in the future.