Here’s a basic overview of how to install Heavy-Duty Adjustable Control Horns.
- Insert bolt into beveled washer with the bolt head against the flat side of the washer
- Place a bump washer onto the bolt next with the bump facing the beveled side of the washer previously installed
- Insert the bolt into your prepared control surface hole.
- Place the other bump washer onto the bolt in the control surface with the flat side facing the control surface.
- Screw down the threaded aluminum barrel and snug it tight to slightly crush in the balsa.
- Thread on the lock nut and use two pliers (any kind will do) to snug the lock nut against the threaded aluminum barrel
- Thread on the remaining plastic arm and determine where to cut the bolt for the height needed for your control surface.
- Remove the plastic arm, use a cutoff wheel on an electric rotary tool, and replace the arm.
- Using the supplied Safety Lock Kwik-Link, connect the arm to a threaded push rod